Qualifications & Memberships
Toni's research interests include land law and disaster law. She has recently completed her PhD which looked at the effect the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010 and 2011 had on commercial landlords and tenants. Her current research project is to look at this issue in relation to those affected by the 2016 earthquake in Kaikoura and Wellington.
Toni teaches land law at the School of Law.
- Collins TL. (2016) The Doctrine of Frustration, Commercial Leases and the Canterbury Earthquakes. Christchurch. University of Canterbury.
- Horsfall S., Hatton T., Collins T. and Brown C. (2022) Is health and safety legislation an effective tool for disaster risk reduction? A case study from New Zealand. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction 70 102773: 102773-102773. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2021.102773.
- Collins T. (2021) Batusova v Batusova. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 19: 117-117.
- Collins T. (2021) Kuang v Cai. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 19: 118-118.
- Collins T. (2021) Mau Whenua Inc v Shelly Bay Investments Ltd. Butterworths Conveyancing Bulletin 19: 122-122.