Associate ProfessorDr Elizabeth Macpherson
Internal Phone: 95459
My research interests are in indigenous and environmental rights to natural resources in comparative contexts. I have a particular interest in indigenous rights to water in Australasia and Latin America.
- Macpherson EJ. (2019) Indigenous Water Rights in Law and Regulation: Lessons from Comparative Experience. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 291. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/9781108611091.
- Fisher K., Makey L., Macpherson E., Paul A., Rennie H., Talbot-Jones J. and Jorgensen E. (2022) Broadening environmental governance ontologies to enhance ecosystem-based management in Aotearoa New Zealand. Maritime Studies 21(4): 609-629. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40152-022-00278-x.
- Macpherson E. (2022) Can Western Water Law Become More ‘Relational’? A Survey of Comparative Laws affecting Water across Australasia and the Americas. Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand TNZR http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03036758.2022.2143383.
- Macpherson E., Jefferson DJ. and Moe S. (2022) The future of corporate governance: what if the trees had a say? Institute of Directors New Zealand.
- Macpherson E. (2021) A comparative study of emerging legal rights for rivers and lakes in the united states of america and mexico. Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum 31(2): 327-377.