My research interests are in indigenous and environmental rights to natural resources in comparative contexts. I have a particular interest in indigenous rights to water in Australasia and Latin America.
- Macpherson EJ. (2019) Indigenous Water Rights in Law and Regulation: Lessons from Comparative Experience. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. 291. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/9781108611091.
- Macpherson E. (2021) A comparative study of emerging legal rights for rivers and lakes in the united states of america and mexico. Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum 31(2): 327-377.
- Macpherson E. (2021) The (Human) Rights of Nature: A Comparative Study of Emerging Legal Rights for Rivers and Lakes in the United States of America and Mexico. Duke Environmental Law & Policy.
- Macpherson E., Borchgrevink A., Ranjan R. and Vallejo Piedrahíta C. (2021) Where ordinary laws fall short: ‘riverine rights’ and constitutionalism. Griffith Law Review 30(3): 438-473. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10383441.2021.1982119.
- Macpherson E., Urlich SC., Rennie HG., Paul A., Fisher K., Braid L., Banwell J., Torres Ventura J. and Jorgensen E. (2021) ‘Hooks’ and ‘Anchors’ for relational ecosystem-based marine management. Marine Policy 130 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2021.104561.