All of my research centres on enhancing the nexus between law and society. My work is necessarily interdisciplinary, collaborative and comparative.
Annick Masselot's research interests focus upon European Union and comparative law, specifically with regards to gender equality and equal treatment, social and employment law, reconciliation between work and family life, pregnancy and maternity rights. Her expertise on the achievement of gender equality represents a primary reference point and has both shaped the field conceptually as well as impacted directly on policy making, especially in the fields of reconciliation between work and family life, and pregnancy and maternity rights in the context of employment law and social policy. She has also researched and written extensively on the interconnection between gender equality and a wide breadth of law and societal areas, including corporate and financial governance; international trade negotiations; diversity in the sciences; aid and development; disaster risk management; democratisation, intersectional disadvantages and gender mainstreaming.
- Ceballos M., Masselot A. and Watt R. (2022) Mind Gender Gaps! How Men and Women Get Equal Working Opportunities and Wages. CESifo Forum 23(2): 3-11.
- Donato S., Brugnera A., Adorni R., Molgora S., Reverberi E., Manzi C., Angeli M., Bagirova A., Benet-Martinez V. and Camilleri L. (2022) Workers’ individual and dyadic coping with the COVID-19 health emergency: A cross cultural study. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/02654075221119066.
- Haastrup T., Macrae H., Masselot A., Young A., Soko M. and Whitman RG. (2022) Editing ‘Europe’: Reflections from Inside, Outside and Beyond. Journal of Common Market Studies 60(4): 853-866. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jcms.13374.
- Masselot A., Ceballos M. and Watt R. (2022) Pay Transparency Across Countries and Legal Systems’. CESifo Forum 23(2): 3-11.
- Masselot A., Guerrina R. and MacRea H. (2022) A crisis too far? The EU Gender Regime Post-Covid. Global Dialogue 12(1): 32-33.