Learn about charges and allowances relating to IT at UC.
On this page:
- Printing charges
- Doctoral printing allowance
- Data allowances - Student
- Data allowances - Staff
- Add funds to your Canterbury Card
The table below shows the charges for printing and copying per side of the paper on all printers and multi-function devices on campus.
Printing is paid for using your Canterbury Card - click here to learn how to add funds to your Canterbury card.
|PAPER SIZE||BLACK AND WHITE||Color|
|Single sided||Double sided||Single sided||Double sided|
For additional printing and copying services please visit the Copy Centre.
All enrolled doctoral students will be credited a $30 allowance for printing from 1 February. Doctoral students who start after this date will receive the $30 allowance within the first month of study at UC. If you have not received this allowance within the first month, please contact the Service desk here to arrange for the allowance to be added.
Any allowance left at the end of your study with UC will not be refunded.
Where the nature of the research undertaken requires significant printing over and above personal usage, this should be identified and discussed with the supervisor of your doctoral programme.
- Local storage: Students automatically receive 50GB of storage on their personal “P Drive”. This storage space is hosted locally on UC servers and can be accessed off-campus via ftp using this link: My Documents (P: Drive).
- Cloud storage: Students can receive 1tb data via Office 365 using OneDrive for Business.
- Local storage: Staff automatically receive 50GB of storage on their personal “P Drive”. This storage space is hosted locally on UC servers and can be accessed off-campus via ftp using this link: My Documents (P: Drive).