Applying for a Visa as a Returning International Student on Campus
Applying for your student visa
All international students must now apply for their student visa on the Immigration New Zealand website. This includes students applying for a student visa the first time and those who have an exipiring student visa that needs to be renewed.
You are recommended to apply as soon as possible to avoid delays in completing your enrolment. You will need a verified RealMe account and a number of documents.
A number of helpful guides and checklists are available on the Immigration New Zealand website:
- Student Visa Guide
- First-time student visa application checklist
- Continuing student visa application checklist
Usually you will need to provide the following documents with your student visa application:
- An Offer of Place from UC for 2022 study
- Evidence that you have enough money to pay your tuition fees
- Your passport and acceptable passport-style photos
- Proof of funds ($15,000 per year if applying before 31 July 2022 or $20,000 if applying after 31 July) to cover your living expenses
- A copy of your air ticket home, or proof that you have enough money to buy one
- An accommodation guarantee, if you’re under 18
- Your visa application fee
- You may also be asked to provide a chest x-ray or medical certificate. You can normally submit your application for a student visa without these but your application will not progress until you have provided the required documentation. More information on getting a chest x-ray or medical examination is available on the Immigration New Zealand website.
International Enrolment for on-campus students
Check our step-by-step guide on how to complete your enrolment as an international student on campus.