Applying for a Visa as a Returning International Student on Campus

If you are in NZ

If you are a continuing UC student with a current (expiring) student visa and you are in NZ you can apply for a new visa for your next year of study through UC.  Submitting an application for a new student visa through UC is normally done as part of your Enrolment in Person session with the UC Enrolment Team and involves completing the INZ1240 form and providing all necessary documentation

You will need to meet the following requirements: 

  • You have an Offer of Place (your Application to Enrol has been approved)
  • Your current visa has not expired when you make your visa application
  • Your enrolment fees have been paid in full

Note that you will also need two passport-size colour photos as part of your application. You can have these taken at the Uni Pharmacy if you are on campus for NZD$15.

If you are offshore

If you are a continuing UC student but you are offshore you cannot currently apply for a student visa unless INZ has invited you to apply as an exception to the current border restrictions. If you have been invited to apply for a visa you will need to follow the specific guidance given you. 

Student Visa Application Fee 

If you apply for your visa through UC, the total application fee for 2021 is NZD$285.
This is paid during your Enrolment in Person session when you submit your student visa application.

Student Visa Application total fee (all prices are NZD) $285
This is made up of the following:  
Immigration NZ application fee $110
Immigration NZ Levy $25
Immigration International Visitor and Tourism Levy (IVL) $35
UC service charge $115

Visitor or Work Visa

If you hold a Visitor or Work Visa you must apply for your Student Visa directly with Immigration NZ using the Immigration Online application process.

Post-study Work Visa

You must apply for post-study work visas online directly with Immigration NZ to ensure you receive your e-visa in a timely manner. 

More information

If you have any questions about applying for a student visa please contact