UC International Welcome
UC offers a welcome and orientation session for all international students arriving to study at UC for the first time.
Monday 13 February 2023
Haere Mai | Welcome!
If you are new UC international student (or transitioning to campus for the first time), join us for a fun and informative welcome to help you meet other students, key international support staff, and learn how to settle into your new life in Ōtautahi Christchurch as a UC international student!
- Goodie bags!
- A formal Māori welcome to campus
- International Student Orientation seminar, presented by UC Student Care and UC International
- Kai (lunch) on the lawn, music, international support stalls, and the opportunity to make connections with other new students
- To finish up, you have the option to join the Amazing Race around our beautiful campus, led by student mentors.
In addition to our International Welcome, we encourage all new students to come along on Friday 17 February to Haere tō waka | UC Orientation day. This is when the whole campus is on show: campus tours, academic introduction seminars, market stalls, handouts and lots of fun around campus and the UCSA students Association.
Students who are welcome to joint this event are:
- Study Abroad and Exchange students
- New Zealand Manaaki Scholarship students
- UCIC, CCEL and other pathway students transitioning to UC Campus
- Students who have been studying online with us and are coming to campus for the first time
- New international Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
You can also find some settling in information here on UC's webpage and we recommend checking our Education NZ's resources on Nau Mai or email us on email@example.com with any questions you or your whānau (family) may have.