You must complete these items before you arrive at UC to confirm your enrolment and prepare for your studies in New Zealand.
Before you arrive in New Zealand
- Complete your Offer of Place Response Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for International Student Welcome (attendance is compulsory for new students).
- Apply for Student Visa with Immigration New Zealand (around four months in advance of your intended arrival/ course start date).
- Complete any Additional Application Details in myUC - After logging in, select Resume Application to complete your personal details
- Select your courses in myUC - After logging in, select Resume Application
- Open a New Zealand bank account and transfer money before you arrive on campus. ANZ, Westpac, BNZ and ASB have branches close to UC campus
- Book your flights to Christchurch.
- Review the New Zealand Covid 19 response plan (e.g. what happens if you test positive and when are facemasks required).
- Save the UC Security number +64 3 369 2888 in your phone along with New Zealand's emergency services number 111.
When you arrive: What to bring to your Enrolment Session
- Valid Passport
- Current Student Visa (or hard copy of approved E Visa if applicable)
- If you have purchased insurance from an Approved Insurance Provider, please ensure you bring the Insurance Certificate. Don’t worry if you haven’t – you can purchase StudentSafe Insurance during your enrolment