Self-help and other resources
There are many health-related resources available which can assist you on campus or from the comfort of your own home.
Available On Campus
- Disability Resource Service
- Careers, Internships and Employment
- UCSA - support
- Academic Skills centre
- Student Support - domestic and international students
- Information for Maori students
- Information for Pacific students
This site is a full guide to the specific functions of the Commissioner and the practical applications of the Privacy Act in the workplace, media and life of the individual citizen.
Promotes and protects the rights of health and disability consumers, and facilitates the fair, simple, speedy, and efficient resolution of complaints
Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) offers relief from the symptoms of eating disorders and guidance on living in recovery
- CALM Website - an online programme for building mental health resilience
- www.depression.org.nz - The Ministry of Health website with information about depression.
- e-hub self-help programs for Mental Health and Wellbeing - offers a suite of online self-help services for mental health.
- the MoodGYM - an online self-help portal for mental health.
- Youthline - useful information and downloadable leaflets on a wide range of topics especially for young people.
- Getting Help: Psychoactive Substances
- New Zealand travel assistance and tips can be accessed through Safe Travel and Fit for Travel
- Information on travel and health from the US Centres for Disease Control.
- Information on the risks travellers are exposed and the precautions needed to protect their health can be found at the World Health Organisation website.