Meningitis Vaccine InformationDate: 09 April 2021
Are you living in a Halls of Residence?
Meningitis ACWY (Menactra) vaccine is fully funded for NZ residents up to the age of 25 entering Halls of Residence
Many Halls residents will have already had their meningococcal vaccines from their GP prior to coming to UC.
2 x vaccines are available - we strongly recommend both vaccines to provide optimal protection for all strains.
- ACWY (Menactra) is fully funded for NZ Domestic students (see above for eligibility)
- 'B' (Bexsero) is unfunded, 2 vaccines are required one month apart. Cost $120 each
If you wish to have the vaccine(s) or if you have any general enquires regarding the vaccines:
- For students enrolled at UC Health Centre - please phone us on 03369 4444 to speak with a Nurse and she will then book you an appointment (you may be put on a phone-back list during period times).
- For students enrolled elsewhere - please ring your regular GP practice
- HealthLine - phone 0800 611 116
- for further information regarding meningocaccal disease and vaccines visit https://www.immune.org.nz/resources/written-resources