Master of Counselling Application and Enrolment information
Our Master of Counselling has a specialised application process. Please read the important application and selection information below, before applying through myUC.
Applications for the Limited Entry Master of Counselling programme are open from 1 September and close on 1 October each year.
To study in the limited entry Master of Counselling programme you will need to:
- Apply online using myUC – you will apply for a Postgraduate programme and will be:
- required to provide information about your motivation for completing this programme.
- asked some questions regarding any misconduct and criminal charges, information which is required as part of our obligations under the Children’s Act 2014.
- asked to upload copies of your relevant qualifications, academic transcript(s) and evidence that you have met the academic entry requirements for the programme (UC students/graduates do not need to provide this information).
- A full outline of your current and previous paid and voluntary work history, including current and/or previous counselling experience.
- Full contact information for your current employer, including your immediate supervisor/manager.
- Clear information regarding all qualifications and any previous counsellor training you have undertaken, including the name of the provider and the dates and duration of your training.
You will provide contact details for your referees in your application (in myUC) and an email will be sent to them with the link to the online referee report to be completed. Please ensure you have checked that the email address you enter is correct.
Unless you specifically state otherwise, we reserve the right to contact your named referees to discuss your application with them. We are unable to accept referee reports from family members or close friends.
Have all your supporting documents ready before you apply through myUC