Associate Dean of Postgraduate Research (Scholarships)Ekant Veer
Ekant Veer is a Professor of Marketing in the Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch. He is a multi-award winning teacher and researcher having been named in the Top 40 under 40 Business School Professors worldwide; an Ako Aotearoa Tertiary Teaching Excellence Award winner; UC’s Teaching Medal awardee in 2017 and five times winner of the UCSA’s lecturer of the year award. His work looks at the role that marketing can play in both driving social change and community wellbeing as well as what impact digital technology plays in consumer interactions and their sense of identity. His research has been published in numerous international journals, such as the Journal of Marketing Management, The European Journal of Marketing, and The Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. Ekant is also the Associate Dean of Postgraduate Research supporting the learning journey of UC's research students and supervisors.
- Conduit J., Lu V. and Veer E. (2022) (Re)Gaining Our Voice: Future of Marketing in Australasia. Australasian Marketing Journal 30(3): 168-177. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/18393349211039100.
- Golf-Papez M. and Veer E. (2022) Feeding the Trolling: Understanding and Mitigating Online Trolling Behavior as an Unintended Consequence. Journal of Interactive Marketing 57(1): 90-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/10949968221075315.
- Kennedy AM., Veer E. and Kemper JA. (2022) Social marketing AS pedagogy. Journal of Social Marketing 12(3): 337-353. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JSOCM-08-2021-0192.
- Tanouri A., Kennedy AM. and Veer E. (2022) A conceptual framework for transformative gamification services. Journal of Services Marketing 36(2): 185-200. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JSM-12-2020-0527.
- Zahrai K., Veer E., Ballantine PW. and Peter de Vries H. (2022) Conceptualizing Self-control on Problematic Social Media Use. Australasian Marketing Journal 30(1): 74-89. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1839334921998866.