The Next Step to Your Future at UC
Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks
Prepare for success!
Tena koutou katoa. Nau mai, tauti mai, welcome to Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | the University of Canterbury.
Congratulations on making it to the start of Semester One!
The next three or four, or more, years here at UC will be life changing for you, and we hope you have a wonderful time.
While lectures, assignments and studying are all really important, you should also make time to get involved in the student clubs, the campus life, and other events and activities.
There are heaps of people in the diverse UC whānau who can tautoko | support you throughout your studies, so if there is anything you aren’t sure about or you have any questions – please ask for help!
Watch the video above to learn more about all the tautoko | support services available to help you succeed.
It’s great to have you here with us – good luck and have a brilliant year (and don't stress out if something doesn't go to plan!)
- Access your timetable using My Timetable or check out more info about timetables
- Get your Canterbury Card/Student ID card from UC Security
(available in the Library around O-Week)
- Buy a parking permit at UC Security
- Download the UCGo App for easy access to many of the tools you need to succeed
- View the student guides online
(UC Learn, UC Wellbeing and UC Explore)
- Visit the Kaitoko at Te Pātaka in the Puaka-James Hight building if you have questions or need help
- Log in to Learn for your course readings and key info
- Check info on UC Libraries
- Refer your parents and whānau to this page if they have questions about UC
- Ask for help when you need it and take care of your wellbeing!
>> See more guidance for new students