Jobs with Equity & Disability Service
Casual Job opportunities within EDS
The Equity & Disability Service employs a number of casual staff to assist in the provision of learning supports to students registered with our service.
If you are a third year or post-graduate student interested in this type of work or looking for work here on campus (Ilam and Dovedale) then please apply. Complete a UC Application for Employment form (Doc. 121Kb) and return this by email, along with your CV and a copy of your Academic Transcript (an internal transcript is fine), to email@example.com. We offer a paid training session for all successful applicants.
We do one main recruitment each year and additional, more targeted, recruitment as required to meet the changing needs of students in certain subject areas/courses.
Please note you can register your interest at any time to be contacted during our next recruitment.
- Test Supervisor - supervising examinations and tests for students with Exam Special Arrangements.
This is mostly evening work during the UC terms.
- Exam/Test Reader/Writer - acting as a reader/writer during tests and examinations for a student with Exam Special Arrangements.
This is mostly evening work during the UC terms and during the day for 2-3 weeks at the end of each semester.
- Peer notetaking - taking electronic notes (notes on a laptop) for a student during lectures, tutorials and labs.
Available during UC terms, allocated according to student needs and course requirements if no peer notetaker can be found. the needs for this fluctuate during each term. See the Become a peer notetaker page for more information.
- AFC formatting - formatting of lecture material, text books, research work and video transcriptions.
Those with a high typing speed of words/minute should apply and note this in their application email and CV for transcription work.
Those with experience in MathType, LaTeX and CorelDraw software applications should apply and specify this in their application email and CV.
- Other - assisting students in labs, research, the library or performing administrative tasks.
This is intermittent and by invitation from those already established in the casual pool of staff.
Please find information about the three main tasks for Casual Staff members in these guidelines (downloadable):