Opportunities for students
EPECentre offers student research opportunities in the areas listed below. Unless otherwise specified, all projects are at postgraduate level.
For specific opportunities, view
You can apply by sending your CV, transcript(s) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the name of the project(s) you are interested in.
For funding options: Check our scholarships page, the UC scholarships database or the UC webpage on how to become a research student.
For open vacancies: For research engineers or postdoctoral fellow positions, see Work at UC.
Download a copy of EPECentre Opportunities for Students (PDF, 95 KB).
- Control of converter interfaced resources to improve dynamic stability of low-inertia systems
- Protection of networks with high level of penetration of converter interfaced technologies
- Network stability and reserves considerations for additional power transfer between the NZ North and South Island
- Are there sufficient planetary resources to support global power demand sourced from renewable energy?
- Digital twin of the network and distributed resource enabling operational decisions
- Thermal modelling for efficient battery design
- Interaction between control of converter interfaced energy sources and loads
- Energy modelling and state estimation of low-inertia systems
- Electromagnetic imaging of conductive and partially conductive media
- Product design for Smart Electrode System commercial offering
- Tree-stem imaging by enhanced electrical conductance and admittance tomography
- Novel techniques for sap-flow measurement in tree-stems
- Identification of cancer tissue using electrical impedance spectrometry
- Condition monitoring transmission line
- Condition monitoring insulated cables
- Sub-soil electromagnetic field modelling and implementation, for plant root mimicry
- High Power fast operating switches for AC and DC applications
- Development of in-window LED-lighting system for new builds
- UV LED-based sterilization system for surfaces and packages
- Perovskite solar cell process
- Industrial implementation of Smart Electrode-based heat-treatment plant
- Thermodynamic and economic comparison of log-conditioning methods
- Diffusion of ions through porous anisotropic/heterogeneous materials
- Maintenance, upgrade and transition to 100% renewable generation - economic feasibility for NZ
- Characterisation of energy storage for balancing load in a microgrid whilst maximising renewable generation
- Study of the impact of research programme outcomes
- Evaluation of pathways to commercialise research in NZ