Analyzing, synthesizing, designing, building and validating useful electrical and electronic systems for improving life in the real world.
Qualifications & Memberships
High Frequency Power Electronics, Magnetics and Advanced Fabrication Techniques, including application to power supplies, drives, inverters and rectifiers.
Investigation of interactions between non-linear loads and sources and the power grid.
LED lighting, including energy efficiency, light quality and power quality issues.
Instrumentation and Control Systems, design and application to electrical and process technologies.
Sensor and Signal Conditioning circuit design for electrical, physical and environmental measurements.
Electrification of Industrial Processes.
- Heffernan B., Mitchell B. and Hayes M.. (2020) Trapezoidal current generator for an electromagnetic groundwater flowmeter. In I2MTC 2020 - International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Proceedings http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/I2MTC43012.2020.9128643.
- Mitchell B., Hayes M. and Heffernan B.. (2020) Nonlinear system identification for an electromagnetic groundwater flowmeter. In I2MTC 2020 - International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Proceedings http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/I2MTC43012.2020.9129522.
- Nursultanov N., Heffernan WJB., Altaner C. and Pang S. (2020) Anisotropic electrical conductivity of green timber within 20 - 90 ∘C temperature range. Wood Science and Technology 54(5): 1181-1196. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00226-020-01212-2.
- Hayes M., Mitchell B., Bonnett B., Frampton M. and Heffernan W.. (2019) Tank-tests of a Prototype Electromagnetic Groundwater Flowmeter. In.
- Nursultanov N. and Heffernan WJB. (2019) Sapwood depth tool–proof of concept field prototype. In Sapwood depth tool – proof of concept field prototype, Specialty Wood Products (SWP).