Analyzing, synthesizing, designing, building and validating useful electrical and electronic systems for improving life in the real world.
Qualifications & Memberships
High Frequency Power Electronics, Magnetics and Advanced Fabrication Techniques, including application to power supplies, drives, inverters and rectifiers.
Investigation of interactions between non-linear loads and sources and the power grid.
LED lighting, including energy efficiency, light quality and power quality issues.
Instrumentation and Control Systems, design and application to electrical and process technologies.
Sensor and Signal Conditioning circuit design for electrical, physical and environmental measurements.
Electrification of Industrial Processes.
- Ghildiyal V., van Herel R., Heffernan B. and Altaner C. (2022) The effect of Joule heating on collapse and water absorption of wood. Wood Material Science & Engineering : 9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17480272.2022.2121660.
- Heffernan W., Allen M. and Mukhedkar R. (2022) Efficient electrification with Ga2O3 - a robust wide bandgap semiconductor. In.
- Mitchell B., Zhou Y., Hayes MP., Heffernan B., Platt I., Bailey J., Hunze A., Gao K., Long N. and Woodhead I. (2022) Non-Invasive Groundwater Velocity Measurements Using a Novel Electromagnetic Flowmeter. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement 71 http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2022.3147322.
- Mitchell B., Hayes M. and Heffernan B. (2021) Modelling for an Electromagnetic Groundwater Flowmeter. In Proceedings of the IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference 2021-May http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/I2MTC50364.2021.9460074.
- Mora S., Seaton H., Subritzky S., Toms D., Lapthorn A. and Heffernan B. (2021) Static Characterisation of Gallium Nitride HEMTs at Cryogenic Temperatures. In IEEE Region 10 Annual International Conference, Proceedings/TENCON 2021-December: 953-957. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TENCON54134.2021.9707264.