Power Careers Event
Take charge of your future!
This annual event allows students to meet recent graduate engineers and experienced representatives from the electricity industry and discuss career opportunities and pathways for future engineers.
The 2020 Power Careers Event will be held ONLINE from Wednesday 22nd to Friday 24th July 2020.
Join online (or in-person for some sessions) to meet recent graduate engineers and experienced representatives from the electricity industry and discuss career opportunities and pathways.
Note that power companies recruit engineers from all disciplines and all engineering students are welcome.
- Online platform – Explore career opportunities for each company.
- Careers Convention – Wednesday 22 July from 5pm (online or in Lecture Theatre E5) - Pizza available at the end of the event!
- Sessions with each company – Thursday 23 and Friday 24 July - Online or in meeting rooms. Register for each session to get the links and information about the meeting room.
The last event was held on Tuesday 30 July 2019, in the Engineering Core, consisting of two sessions:
11.00 am to 4.00 pm - Engineering Core Foyer
About 200 students met delegates at 14 Industry members' stands, to learn about the industry, job opportunities and summer placements.
Career Convention & Scholarship Awards
4.30pm to 6.30pm - E5 Lecture Theatre, Engineering Core
About 80 students and 20 industry representatives attended the talks to learn about the exciting opportunities and challenges for the electricity industry, and hear individual experiences from the speakers:
- Keynote: Peter Brown, General Manager New Zealand, PSC
- Dr Kavi Singh, GM New Energy Development and Strategy, PowerNet
- Cameron Chapman, Commercial Engineering Manager, WEL Networks
- Kewen Kueh, Team Leader: Power Assets, Powerco
- Hugh Hendrickson, Graduate Engineer, Transpower
EPECentre Scholarships were awarded during the evening. This was followed by refreshments and a chance to network.