2019 GREEN Grid Conference
Join us for the 6th GREEN Grid Conference on 29 November from 9am. Held on the UC campus, this concluding conference will present the main findings of the project since 2012.
Keynote or Industry speakers have been announced:
- Richard Hobbs, Transpower General Manager Strategy, sharing Transpower's view of the energy future
- Paul Deavoll, Orion General Manager Customer and Stakeholder talking about Meeting customer expectations
- Vince Smart, EECA Senior Advisor Strategy and Programme
From the research team, there will be a focus on the latest outcomes around:
- Comparing the cost of different response speeds of Instantaneous Reserve, by Dr Josh Schipper (UC)
- System requirements modelling towards 100% renewable generation, by Luke Schwartfeger (UC)
- Load and Electric Vehicle Charging Modelling Within Low Voltage Distribution Network, by Euan McGill (UC)
- Network and economic impacts of small scale distributed storage, by Michael Campbell (UC)
- Socio-technical changes at the grid edge - significant savings or costly consequences?, by Associate Professor Janet Stephenson and Dr Michael Jack (UO)
- Load Shifting Extension to the EECA Energywise Solar Calculator, by Dr Sharee McNab (UC)
The day will end with a panel session on the Benefits and Challenges of Using Distributed Technologies for New Demand Response/Grid Services.
Full programme will be published in due course.