Complete your application

myUC is the University of Canterbury's student portal and the first step on your path to enrolling for study at UC. If you are enrolling for the first time, you will need to create a new account. If you already have a myUC account please login using your existing usercode and password.

You should complete your application through myUC as soon as possible. Closing dates may differ depending on the qualification you are applying for so make sure you check if your qualification requires a special application. Check you are eligible and meet the university entrance requirements.

Information you will need on hand

  • Your National Student Number (NSN) or New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) number (if you have one)
  • Details of the qualifications and courses you plan to study
  • If you are an international student you will also need your Passport details

Start your application

After creating your account or logging into your existing account, you will be asked to START or RESUME your application.

You will then need to complete your identification details, together with citizenship and residency information. You will also be asked about your admission to University, your schooling and questions required from the Ministry of Education and if English is your first language and if you live with the effects of a long-term illness, injury or disability.

You will then need to add courses ensuring you have an appropriate workload.

Find out more about the enrolment process for a teacher qualification.

The following qualifications require additional application form

  • Bachelor of Engineering with Honours - direct entry to first professional year
  • Bachelor of Fine Arts
  • Bachelor of Music - performance course
  • Bachelor of Speech and Language Pathology with Honours

Use this form if you have applied for more than 75 points per semester or more than 30 points of summer school courses:

The appropriate Dean or Academic Manager must grant permission in order for you to be able to enrol in a course for a third or subsequent time. This is not automatic. If you are granted permission to re-enrol this will usually be your final opportunity to pass this course(s).

Please email this form and any additional supporting documentation to the Student Advisor in the appropriate College Office.

Other Enrolment Considerations

Arts students studying desk wall drawings landscape

Insurance for International Students

To enrol as an international student at the University of Canterbury, you must have medical and travel insurance for the duration of your study. Your insurance cover must meet a minimum set of requirements.

Banner undercroft landscape

Transfer Credits

If you have completed study previously at another institution you may want to transfer your previous credit to your UC qualification.

Additional Application Forms

For more information or if you have any questions

chat loading...