Application approval

Confirmation of your Application to Enrol

UC will send you an email or letter within five working days that includes your Conditional Offer of Place letter which confirms the enrolment details that have collected from you.

As soon as you receive the letter you should check that the courses and site codes are correct. If they are not correct, you can make changes through myUC, alternatively, you can email with your student ID number to advise details of what needs to be corrected.

International students

International students have special compliance requirements that mean you must enrol in person.

Make changes to your Application to Enrol

You can make changes to your qualification selection, course selection and contact details until you accept your Enrolment Agreement. If you make changes after you have accepted your Enrolment Agreement you will have to go through the approval process again.

You can make changes online with myUC, by contacting us.

Check the progress of your Application to Enrol

Check the progress of your application anytime by logging into myUC.

Processing your application may take several weeks. The University will make every effort to keep you informed of your application's progress and reach a decision as soon as possible.

Your application, qualification and course selections need to be reviewed by staff in the appropriate college, school and/or department.

Your application will be checked for:

The University may also be waiting on your exam results to be supplied from NZQA. If you do not pass your exams, we will contact you to discuss alternate options for gaining entrance to university.

Your personal details will also be double-checked and, if additional information is needed, the University will email you asking to supply this.

A prerequisite is a course that you must pass before you can do another, usually more advanced, course. If you do not meet the prerequisite (or co-requisite) for a course, you will be notified via myUC with the status of the course application as failing the prerequisites.

If you fail to meet the prerequisites and believe you have grounds for an exemption or want to apply to study the course as a co-requisite, you can apply for an exemption.

If you have applied to enrol in more than 75 points per semester or more than 30 points of summer school courses, you must also apply for permission to enrol in an excess workload.

You can do this by submitting the Application for Permission to Enrol in an Excess Workload form:

For more information or if you have any questions

chat loading...
chat loading...