Offshore to on-campus enrolment for international students

For international students who have been studying offshore (online) with UC and are now approved to come to NZ for on-campus study.

Students who have been nominated for the border class exception need to follow the instructions sent from Other students will need to check when they are eligible to travel to New Zealand under the phased re-opening of the New Zealand border

Steps to completing your enrolment 

If you are eligible to travel to New Zealand and study on-campus at UC after studying offshore (online), you will need to follow these steps to complete your enrolment:

Step 1. Apply for your Semester Two courses

If you have studied offshore in Semester One (S1) at UC, submit a Change of Enrolment in myUC to add your Semester Two (S2) courses. If you have not studied in 2022, submit an Application to Enrol in myUC for your Semester Two (S2) courses. 

Select the (C) On campus occurrence for your Semester Two courses; you will normally need to be studying full-time for a student visa. You can check which courses are required for your qualification on the Qualifications page. Course advice is available from Student Advisors

BTM and MBA students will need to contact the UC Business School (at for instructions. 

Step 2. Pre-pay your tuition fees

Pay the tuition fees estimate shown on your Offer of Place - this can be found in your Document Library in myUC (top right-hand corner).  If you have not received an Offer of Place, please email

If the amount you pre-pay is different from your final fees total on your Enrolment Agreement, you will be charged or refunded the difference at a later date. If you are unable to complete your enrolment (for example if Immigration NZ declines your student visa application) your pre-paid tuition fees can be refunded by Student Finance or pay for continued online (offshore) study. 

Information on how to pay your tuition fees is available on our Pay your fees page. 

Step 3. Apply for your student visa

Apply for your student visa. If you have been nominated for the border class exception and have submitted a Request for Travel (RFT) in the correct timeframe, you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a student visa. Otherwise you will need to apply for your student visa on the Immigration New Zealand website. You will also find details of who is eligible to apply for a student visa on the Immigration New Zealand website.

Step 4. Let us know you're coming

Once your visa application has been approved, book your flights and email to let us know you're coming. Include the following in your email:

  • your UC student ID number
  • your full name 
  • your intended arrival date in New Zealand
  • your flight details
  • a copy of your visa

Step 5. Complete your enrolment once you're on campus

Once you arrive in Christchurch, New Zealand, you will need to visit the Enrolments team on campus to complete your enrolment. 


Register for a time that suits you to complete your enrolment using the above link. When you attend your 20 minute session you will need to show your passport and visa and be prepared to pay any outstanding fees (including for StudentSafe Insurance).  You will also need to update your contact details, including your Christchurch address and mobile number and the details of an emergency contact. 

Information about a dedicated orientation for border exception students will be provided closer to the start of Semester Two.

For more information about offshore to on-campus enrolment

chat loading...