The Enrolment Process For Domestic Students
How to complete your enrolment at UC as a domestic student
Step 1. Prepare
- Check you meet (or will meet) admission requirements to the university.
- Choose your courses. You can check which courses are required for your qualification on the Qualifications page.
- Apply for your student loan if you're planning to use one, or check if you're eligible for Fees Free on the Fees Free website.
- Check if any of the qualifications or courses you're interested in have an early closing date, an additional application form and/or Limited Entry.
- Apply for one of the Halls of Residence by the closing date if this is your preferred accommodation option.
- Check if you are eligible for any Scholarships and apply before the closing date(s).
- If you're new to UC, have your National Student Number (NSN) handy (if you have one), plus a scan of your passport or birth certificate to upload as part of your Application to Enrol.
Step 2. Apply to Enrol
Submit an Application to Enrol online in myUC. This will include providing your personal details such as your contact details, citizenship, ethnicity, learning history, and learning needs, and signing the Student Declaration. If you are new to UC you will also need to upload a scan of the photo page of your passport or birth certificate as part of the application process and provide your NSN if you have one.
Check if you need to make an additional Special Application.
Step 3. Select your courses
120 points is considered a full-time workload. For most first year students this normally means four 15 point courses in each of Semester One and Semester Two.
You can make changes to your courses at a later date if you change your mind. Details can be found on the Change Your Enrolment page.
Step 4. Accept your Enrolment Agreement
Once UC has assessed your eligibility for admission to the university, your results from high school and any other study you have completed, checked your identity in the NSI, and checked your admission to the course(s) and qualification(s) you have chosen, you will receive an Enrolment Agreement. You can accept this in myUC.
Once you have accepted your Enrolment Agreement and arranged payment of your fees you have completed the Enrolment Process. You will receive a 'Welcome to UC' email with details of how to activate your IT account.
Find out more about the many services, resources and support available to you as a student at UC, including information on how to access your student emails, timetable, and course content on the student portal called Learn.