Associate ProfessorDan Zhao
Looking for high calibred PhD candidates & visiting scholars are welcome.
Qualifications & Memberships
My research interests include applying theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches to study combustion instability, thermoacoustics, fabric drying, energy conversion, heat and mass transfer, fluid-structure interaction, aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, propulsion and energy harvesting .
Currently, I am the CHIEF EDITOR of International Journal of Aerospace Engineering (IF. 1.1), an Associate Editor of AIAA Journal, Journal of Thermal Science, Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand, the journal of Aerospace Science and Technology (JCR, Q1, IF 2.8). An editorial board member of Progress in Aerospace Sciences (IF 6.8). All journals are SCI-indexed. After graduated from Cambridge, I have published more than 120 archived papers as the first or corresponding author on the journals such as AIAA J., Applied Thermal Engineering, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbine and Power, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Applied Energy, Energy, Energy Conversion and Management, Combustion and Flame, Applied Physics Letters, Combustion Science and Technology, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Journal of Sound and Vibration, and Journal of the Acoustical Society of America et al.
By now, I am Associate Fellow of AIAA and have successfully supervised 5 PhD students, 4 postdocs, 4 research associates, and accomplished a number of research projects sponsored by aviation and marine and energy industry, Singapore Ministry of Education/Defense and Singapore Prime Minister Office (NRF).
AIAA Constitution 3.2: ‘AIAA Associate Fellows are individuals of distinction who have made notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences, or technology of aeronautics or astronautics.
AIAA Bylaw 2.5:Each year, only 1 for every 150 voting members are selected.
- Cai T., Zhao D. and Gutmark E. (2023) Overview of fundamental kinetic mechanisms and emission mitigation in ammonia combustion. Chemical Engineering Journal 458 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2023.141391.
- Cai T., Zhao D., Ji L. and Agarwal AK. (2023) Removal and mechanism analysis of NO
xemissions in carbon-free ammonia combustion systems with a secondary fuel injection. Fuel 344 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2023.128088.
- Guan Y., Becker S., Zhao D., Xu J., Shahsavari M. and Schluter J. (2023) Entropy generation and CO2 emission in presence of pulsating oscillations in a bifurcating thermoacoustic combustor with a Helmholtz resonator at off-design conditions. Aerospace Science and Technology 136 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2023.108204.
- Guo L., Zhao D., Xu J., Tokhi MO. and Karimi HR. (2023) Predicting unsteady heat-fluid interaction features and nonlinear acoustic behaviors in standing-wave thermoacoustic engines using unsteady RANS, LES and hybrid URANS/LES methods. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 142 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.icheatmasstransfer.2023.106617.
- Liu X., Zhao D. and Oo NL. (2023) Comparison studies on aerodynamic performances of a rotating propeller for small-size UAVs. Aerospace Science and Technology 133 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2023.108148.