Interview videos (www.mathsreach.org)
- Alex James interview - Bugs and Beech Trees
- Alex James interview - Return of the Bugs and Beech Trees
- Ben Martin interview - Crytography
- Charles Semple interview - Algorithms and the Postie's Dilemma
- Jennifer Brown interview - Counting Possums
- Mike Steel interview - Biomathematics
- "What if... Darwin had persevered with maths? " (youtube.com) Wednesday, June 10 2015
- Featuring Dist. Prof. Mike Steel. University of Canterbury's "What If Wednesdays".
- "Biomathematics and Mountains" (radionz.co.nz) Saturday, 4 May 2013
- Featuring Prof. Mike Steel on Radio New Zealand's "Saturday Morning" (radionz.co.nz) programme with Kim Hill.
- "Tree Of Life" (listener.co.nz) - Tracing the evolutionary pathway of life owes a lot to mathematics as well as biology. NZ Listener, Vol 226 No 3683, 11-17 December 2010.
- Mathematical Approaches to Evolution (MP3, 4.29 MB, radionz.co.nz) Thursday, 30 September 2010
- Featuring Assoc. Prof. Charles Semple and Prof. Mike Steel on Radio New Zealand's
Our Changing World (radionz.co.nz) program.
- Degrees of separation (tvnz.co.nz) 26 August 2009
- Featuring Prof. Mike Steel on TVNZ's "Breakfast" show.
- Plus Magazine (PDF, 428 KB, plus.maths.org) March 2008
- "Reconstructing the tree of life" by D.Huson, V.Moulton & M.Steel