Wellbeing and support
Need urgent help?
In an emergency contact UC Security.
- On campus call 6111
- If you are off campus or using a cell phone call 0800 823 637
Security Officers patrol the campus 24 hours, 7 days a week and provide assistance and support for students and staff.
Student support at UC
- UC students have access to a wide range of academic and personal services. Find out more about the services the Student Support team offers.
- Contact the Student Care team
- Contact the Student Accessibility Service
- Contact a Chaplain
Connect with other UC students
Connecting with other students who understand university life can be beneficial when you are finding your way at UC.
- Join a club
- Connect with us online
- Connect with a peer who knows what it's like... (student Mentoring programmes)
Dealing with difficult issues
If you are experiencing unacceptable behaviours or have an academic dispute please seek assistance and advice.
Harassment of any kind involving staff, students or visitors, whether on or off campus, is unacceptable. Harassment can be defined as unwelcome, unsolicited and unreciprocated behaviour by a person or group that may offend, humiliate or intimidate another, and interferes with a person’s right to work or study in a non-threatening environment.
If you have a complaint relating to a staff member, student or visitor, the normal procedure would be:
- make an informal approach to the
- If you wish to discuss the matter informally (without formalising the complaint), the University Grievance Coordinator can offer advice on options available for an informal resolution.
- Students wishing to make a formal allegation of harassment should visit the University complaint website and contact the University Grievance Coordinator.
- Further information is available in the University Harassment Policy (University Policy Library)
If you have a problem relating to an academic matter, you are encouraged to discuss the problem initially with the member of staff concerned. If you feel uncomfortable about doing this or are unable to resolve the problem satisfactorily, you may seek assistance from your or from the . You can also seek the support of your .
We encourage students to resolve their problem within the Department. Go to UC's process, rights and responsibilities webpage or the Appeals and Grievances Regulations in UC Calendar for more information.
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students. Contact our department Safety Officer for further advice or information or consult UC's Health and Safety policy guidelines.