Centre for EcoLogical Technology Solutions
Want to join CELTS and make a positive impact (Tangata Tū Tangata Ora)?
For opportunities to join CELTS as a PhD or Masters Candidate, please follow the application criteria below.
All of the below material must be coherently included in your application.
- A full academic transcript- ideally with a Bachelor of Eng, 1st Class Honours (domestic students) or a relevant Master’s degree (international students)
- A 1-pg statement of your career goals and previous research experience
- A 2-pg max curriculum vitae emphasising courses completed and any publications
- Statements from two referees that focus on the applicant’s: (i) academic ability; (ii) social ability to work as part of a vibrant research team; (iii) independent knowledge ability and; (iv) written and oral English communication ability (particularly for non-native English applicants). The referee statements may be sent either with, or separate to, the application from the candidate, but must be received by the closing date. A contact phone number and email of the referee should be provided in their statement
- Applicants holding a Masters degree are expected to have one of more peer-reviewed publications (incl. those in review)
- Please attach all English conference or journal publications and theses
- For non-native English speakers: Evidence of sufficient English communication [See here. The minimum requirements are either: (1) a TOEFL score greater than 90, of which writing must be greater than 20; or (2) a IELTS score of 6.5 with no section lower than 6.0]
Further details on postgraduate study at the University of Canterbury can be found here
Funded PhD Opportunities on Clean Water Technologies
Click here to see the full detail
Funded Masters Opportunities
Project: Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) modelling of engineered novel biomaterials for wastewater treatment
Summer Scholarship Opportunities
Project 1: Prototype development of an immersive, interactive tool for science communication in Clean Water Technology
Project 2: Evaluating waste biomaterials for 3D printing
UC Funding Opportunities
The most lucrative funded PhD scholarships are currently the University of Canterbury Doctoral Scholarships. Applicants should make themselves familiar with these regulations here.
Check out all CELTS activities