Senior TutorKim Parrent
E320 Civil/Mech Building
Internal Phone: 94640
- Bachelor of Science – Botany/Ecology (University of Canterbury)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) – English (University of Canterbury)
- Bachelor of Arts – Sociology (University of Canterbury)
- Master of Arts – American Studies (University of Canterbury)
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of Canterbury)
My speciality teaching area is academic writing at both the undergratuate and postgraduate level. Within the CNRE Department I offer our undergradute and postgraduate students help to develop and refine their writing, communication, and study skills focusing upon the skills required by professional engineering graduates.
Teaching interests include:
- Professional communication skills
- Academic writing development
- Postgraduate research skills
- Undergraduate study skills
Office hours (Semester 2 - Term-time only)
I have an open-door policy, which means if my door is open outside of the times below you are welcome to drop in for assistance. However, please note that I work in a shared office space and so I am in the office mornings only (after 1:00 pm I work offsite & can be reached via email, phone or Zoom).
- General: Monday 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- ENCN201 & ENCN301: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- ENCI/NR413: Thursday 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Outside of these times, please make an appointment.
- Parrent, K. (2018) Communications Portfolio Guide. University of Canterbury. Christchurch, NZ.