My research interests are linked to different aspects of the buildings design (i.e. architectural, structural, materials selection, etc.) and buildings conservation. My previous research projects include the development of a low-invasive technique for the damage assessment of steel reinforcement in earthquake damage buildings; the effects of earthquakes on the mechanical and fatigue properties of steel reinforcement. Currently, I am developing new research interests in the areas of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and digital technologies to improve communication in the architecture, engineering and construction industry; the application of sustainable materials in architectural, structural and humanitarian engineering.
- Loporcaro G., Pampanin S. and Kral MV. (2019) Long-term strain-ageing effects on low-carbon steel reinforcement. Construction and Building Materials 228 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.07.332.
- Palermo A., Loporcaro G., Campbell W., Hyndman D., Walker A. and Wood R. (2019) Post-earthquake recovery phase of winery facilities. A case study in the Marlborough area. Auckland, New Zealand: 11th Pacific Conference of Earthquake Engineering and 2019 NZSEE Conference,, 4-6 Apr 2019. : 8.
- Loporcaro G., Cuevas A., Pampanin S. and Kral MV. (2018) Monotonic and low-cycle fatigue properties of earthquake-damaged New Zealand steel reinforcing bars. The experience after the Christchurch 2010/2011 earthquakes. Florence, Italy: XIV International Conference on Building Pathology and Constructions Repair, 20-22 Jun 2018. In Procedia Structural Integrity 11: 194-201. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2018.11.026.
- Loporcaro G., Pampanin S. and Kral MV. (2018) Estimating Plastic Strain and Residual Strain Capacity of Earthquake-Damaged Steel Reinforcing Bars. Journal of Structural Engineering 144(5) 04018027: 9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001982.
- Dizhur D., Simkin G., Giaretton G., Loporcaro G., Palermo A. and Ingham J. (2017) Performance of winery facilities during the 14 November 2016 Kaikōura earthquake. Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering 50(2): 206-224.