Associate ProfessorStefanie Gutschmidt
Civil Mechanical E507
Internal Phone: 92206
Fundamental research activities include nonlinear dynamics of collective, resonant arrays and multi-physics interactions of coupled oscillators (e.g. fluid-structure interactions, MEMS, atomic-scale force interactions, piezo-electric actuation/sensing, etc.).
Application-oriented research efforts are ranging from nano/micro to macro-scale systems including: AFM array technology, sensor technology, underwater robotics to monitor waterways, tree-traversing and -cutting robotics for safe wood harvesting.
- Ande R., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2023) Fluid dynamics investigation of large array of beams oscillating close to a rigid surface. Journal of Fluids and Structures 117 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2023.103834.
- Ande R., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2022) Non-linear finite-amplitude oscillations of the large beam arrays oscillating in viscous fluids. Journal of Applied Physics 132(17) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/5.0106293.
- Ande R., Manickavasagam AK., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2022) Convergence and computational cost analysis of a boundary integral method applied to a rigid body moving in a viscous fluid in close proximity to a fixed boundary. Journal of Engineering Mathematics 132(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10665-021-10196-2.
- Hayashi S., Cameron CJ. and Gutschmidt S. (2022) A Novel Sensing Concept Utilizing Targeted, Complex, Nonlinear MEMS Dynamics. Journal of Computational Dynamics 9(3): 483-503. http://dx.doi.org/10.3934/jcd.2022012.
- Lam N., Hayashi S. and Gutschmidt S. (2022) A novel MEMS sensor concept to improve signal-to-noise ratios. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics 139 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2021.103863.