I am a Lecturer in Forest Ecology at the School of Forestry at the University of Canterbury. My interests lie in plant and forest ecology, and the resilience of these ecosystems to a changing environment. More specifically, my research has included questions on forest dynamics, plant eco-physiology, and fire ecology.
- Cui X., Dai D., Huang C., Wang B., Li S., You C., Paterson AM., Perry GLW., Buckley HL. and Cubino JP. (2023) Climatic conditions affect shoot flammability by influencing flammability-related functional traits in nonfire-prone habitats. New Phytologist 240(1): 105-113. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nph.18905.
- Marshall GR., Wyse SV., Manley BR. and Forbes AS. (2023) International use of exotic plantations for native forest restoration and implications for Aotearoa New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Ecology 47(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.20417/nzjecol.47.3516.
- Cui X., Paterson AM., Perry GL., Wyse SV., Alam MA., Huang C., Zhou S., Xiao L., Lai C. and He F. (2022) Intraspecific variation in shoot flammability in Dracophyllum rosmarinifolium is not predicted by habitat environmental conditions. Forest Ecosystems 9 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fecs.2022.100017.
- Etherington TR., Brock JMR., Perry GLW. and Wyse SV. (2022) Implementing the transparency and openness promotion guidelines for data and code to support computational reproducibility within the New Zealand journal of ecology. New Zealand Journal of Ecology 46(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.20417/nzjecol.46.12.
- Etherington TR., Peltzer DA. and Wyse SV. (2022) Future climates are predicted to alter the potential distributions of non-native conifer species in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Ecology 46(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.20417/nzjecol.46.14.