Qualifications & Awards
My recent research has focused on the Approximation Theory and Numerical Analysis of fast computation and smoothing with radial basis functions. This work is motivated by applications to geophysics, image processing, computer graphics and custom manufacture.
- Beatson R., Floater MS. and Kåshagen CE. (2018) Hermite mean value interpolation on polygons. Computer Aided Geometric Design 60: 18-27. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cagd.2018.01.002.
- Beatson RK. and zu Castell W. (2017) Dimension hopping and families of strictly positive definite zonal basis functions on spheres. Journal of Approximation Theory 221: 22-37. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jat.2017.04.001.
- Beatson RK. and zu Castell W. (2017) Dimension hopping and families of strictly positive definite zonal functions on spheres. Journal of Approximation Theory http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jat.2017.04.001 or http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S002190451730045X.
- Beatson RK. and zu Castell W. (2016) Invited Speaker. Title: Dimension Hopping Operators and Families of Strictly Positive Definite Functions on Spheres. Schloss Rauischholtzhausen, Germany: International Conference on Multivariate Approximation, 31 Mar-5 Apr 2016
- Beatson RK. and Zu Castell W. (2016) One-step recurrences for stationary random fields on the sphere. Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Applications (SIGMA) 12 43: 19. http://dx.doi.org/10.3842/SIGMA.2016.043.