I'm keen on finding unique ways that complex engineering methodologies and approaches can be used to help people in society live better lives.
I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing people across a variety of research fields. This has led me to engage across many applications and develop a very diverse research skill set. I work predominantly with numerical methods in bioengineering. This concentrates in the forward problem, the inverse problem, and identifiability - typically in lumped parameter systems. However, I have also worked extensively in PIV analysis of biological flows, head injury mechanics and qualitative research in education. The full scope that I have worked in includes agricultural design, cellular modelling, aerospace design, and medical device design.
- Abdulbaki Alshirbaji T., Jalal NA., Docherty PD., Neumuth T. and Möller K. (2021) A deep learning spatial-temporal framework for detecting surgical tools in laparoscopic videos. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control 68 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2021.102801.
- Allison SJ., Docherty P., Pons D. and Chase G. (2021) Frequency and duration of ambulance officer exposure to nitrous oxide and methoxyflurane in New Zealand. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Methoxyflurane toxicity: historical determination and lessons for modern patient and occupational exposure. The New Zealand medical journal 134(1534): 76-90.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Serum fluoride levels in ambulance staff after commencement of methoxyflurane administration compared to meta-analysis results for the general public.. Int J Occup Med Environ Health http://dx.doi.org/10.13075/ijomeh.1896.01704.
- Cao F., Docherty PD., Ni S. and Chen X. (2021) Contact Force and Torque Sensing for Serial Manipulator Based on an Adaptive Kalman Filter with Variable Time Period. Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing.