I'm keen on finding unique ways that complex engineering methodologies and approaches can be used to help people in society live better lives.
I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing people across a variety of research fields. This has led me to engage across many applications and develop a very diverse research skill set. I work predominantly with numerical methods in bioengineering. This concentrates in the forward problem, the inverse problem, and identifiability - typically in lumped parameter systems. However, I have also worked extensively in PIV analysis of biological flows, head injury mechanics and qualitative research in education. The full scope that I have worked in includes agricultural design, cellular modelling, aerospace design, and medical device design.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Geoffrey Chase J. (2020) Exposure to methoxyflurane: Low-dose analgesia and occupational exposure. Australasian Journal of Paramedicine 17 http://dx.doi.org/10.33151/ajp.17.712.
- Kim KT., Morton S., Howe S., Chiew YS., Knopp JL., Docherty P., Pretty C., Desaive T., Benyo B. and Szlavecz A. (2020) Model-based PEEP titration versus standard practice in mechanical ventilation: A randomised controlled trial. Trials 21(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s13063-019-4035-7.
- Morton SE., Knopp JL., Chase JG., Möller K., Docherty P., Shaw GM. and Tawhai M. (2020) Authors’ Response to Drs. Ece Salihoglu and Ziya Salihoglu’s Letter to the Editor. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 48(1): 2-3. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10439-019-02339-5.
- Wilson J., Docherty P., Stubbs R., Chase JG. and Krebs J. (2020) Assessment of the Dynamic Insulin Secretion and Sensitivity Test (DISST) Pre and Post Gastric bypass Surgery. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology and Diabetes 128(3): 164-169. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/a-0603-3539.
- Damanhuri NS., Ariffin NNN., Othman NA., Chiew YS., Ralib AM., Noor MBM., Docherty PD. and Geoffrey Chase J. (2019) Assessing SB effort via a non-invasive model-based method in mechanically ventilated patients in Malaysian ICU hospital. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science 15(3): 1232-1240. http://dx.doi.org/10.11591/ijeecs.v15.i3.pp1232-1240.