Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:
-identification of groundwater resources using non-invasive methods
-development of accurate numerical methods for elastic and poroelastic wave propagation, and the solution of related inverse problems
-full wave inversion
-distributed parameter inverse problems
-analytical techniques for classical boundary/initial value problems
-gravity and pumped water supply
- Arnaiz M., Cochrane TA., Dudley Ward NF. and Chang TL. (2018) Facilitating universal energy access for developing countries with micro-hydropower: Insights from Nepal, Bolivia, Cambodia and the Philippines. Energy Research and Social Science 46: 356-367. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.erss.2018.07.016.
- Arnaiz M., Cochrane TA., Dudley Ward NF. and Zhang L. (2018) Facilitating universal energy access for developing countries with micro-hydropower: Insights from Nepal, Bolivia, Cambodia and the Philippines. Energy Research and Social Science.
- Dudley Ward NF., Lähivaara T. and Eveson S. (2017) A discontinuous Galerkin method for poroelastic wave propagation: The two-dimensional case. Journal of Computational Physics 350: 690-727. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2017.08.070.
- Cui T., Ward ND., Eveson S. and Lähivaara T. (2016) Pragmatic Approach to Calibrating Distributed Parameter Groundwater Models from Pumping Test Data Using Adaptive Delayed Acceptance MCMC. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering 21(2): 06015011-06015011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(asce)he.1943-5584.0001267.
- Rutter HK., Cox SC., Dudley Ward NF. and Weir JJ. (2016) Aquifer permeability change caused by a near-field earthquake, Canterbury, New Zealand. Water Resources Research 52(11): 8861-8878. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2015WR018524.