Research interests are in Software Visualisation, Software Engineering, Groupware, Software Metrics and Databases.
- Armstrong E., Mathews M. and Churcher N. (2016) Towards a social student model in a software engineering group project course. Mumbai, India: 24th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2016), 28 Nov-2 Dec 2016. In Main Conference Proceedings ICCE 2016: 82-84.
- Emerson J., Churcher N. and Cockburn A. (2013) Tag Clouds for Software and Information Visualisation. Christchurch, New Zealand: CHINZ 2013: 14th Annual Conference of the New Zealand Chapter of the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction, 15-16 Nov 2013.
- Emerson J., Churcher N. and Deaker C. (2013) From Toy to Tool: Extending Tag Clouds for Software and Information Visualisation. Melbourne, Australia: 22nd Australian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC 2013), 4-7 Jun 2013. : 155-164. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ASWEC.2013.27.
- Voigt J., Irwin W. and Churcher N. (2013) Comparing and Evaluating Existing Software Contract Tools. In Maciaszek L; Zhang K (Ed.), Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering: 49-63. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32341-6_4.
- Mathews M., Mitrovic A., Lin B., Holland J. and Churcher N. (2012) Do your eyes give it away? Using eye tracking data to understand students' attitudes towards open student model representations. Chania, Crete, Greece: 11th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS), 14-18 Jun 2012. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 7315: 424-429. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-30950-2_54.