1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Al-Behadili AJM., Sellier M., Hewett J., Nokes R. and Moyers-Gonzalez M. (2019) Identification of Ellis rheological law from free surface velocity. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics 263: 15-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnnfm.2018.10.010.
- AL-Behadili AJM., Sellier M., Nokes R., Moyers-Gonzalez M. and Geoghegan PH. (2019) Rheometry based on free surface velocity. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering 27(5): 689-709. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17415977.2018.1509965.
- Boujo E. and Sellier M. (2019) Pancake making and surface coating: Optimal control of a gravity-driven liquid film. Physical Review Fluids 4(6) http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevFluids.4.064802.
- Khodabocus MI., Nock V. and Sellier M. (2019) Dynamics of Thin Film Under a Volatile Solvent Source Driven by a Constant Pressure Gradient Flow. Fluids.
- Le Bideau D., Mandin P., Benbouzid M., Kim M. and Sellier M. (2019) Review of necessary thermophysical properties and their sensivities with temperature and electrolyte mass fractions for alkaline water electrolysis multiphysics modelling. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 44(10): 4553-4569. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.12.222.