1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Abdollahi A., Wells FS., Sefidan AM., Hewett JN., Sellier M. and Willmott GR. (2022) Drop impact of dairy product solutions at the onset of drying. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 653 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2022.129983.
- Aghajannezhad P. and Sellier M. (2022) The effects of surface roughness on the flow in multiple connected fractures. Fluid Dynamics Research 54(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1873-7005/ac49a1.
- Aghajannezhad P., Sellier M. and Becker S. (2022) THE EFFECT OF GEOMETRICAL AND TOPOLOGICAL CHANGES ON THE FLUID FLOW THROUGH LARGE-SCALE DISCRETE FRACTURE NETWORKS. Journal of Porous Media http://dx.doi.org/10.1615/jpormedia.2022040127.
- Ande R., Manickavasagam AK., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2022) Convergence and computational cost analysis of a boundary integral method applied to a rigid body moving in a viscous fluid in close proximity to a fixed boundary. Journal of Engineering Mathematics 132(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10665-021-10196-2.
- Davies J., Grove R., Bell T., Rea O., Furkert M., Zhao D. and Sellier M. (2022) Preliminary design and test of high altitude two-stage rockets in New Zealand. Aerospace Science and Technology 128 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2022.107741.