Head of Department - Mechanical Engineering
Civil Mechanical Building - E518
Internal Phone: 92383
1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Ande R., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2023) Fluid dynamics investigation of large array of beams oscillating close to a rigid surface. Journal of Fluids and Structures 117 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2023.103834.
- Moyers-Gonzalez M., Hewett JN., Cusack DR., Kennedy BM. and Sellier M. (2023) Non-isothermal thin-film flow of a viscoplastic material over topography: critical Bingham number for a partial slump. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00162-023-00642-5.
- Abdollahi A., Wells FS., Sefidan AM., Hewett JN., Sellier M. and Willmott GR. (2022) Drop impact of dairy product solutions at the onset of drying. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 653 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2022.129983.
- Aghajannezhad P. and Sellier M. (2022) The effects of surface roughness on the flow in multiple connected fractures. Fluid Dynamics Research 54(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1873-7005/ac49a1.
- Aghajannezhad P., Sellier M. and Becker S. (2022) THE EFFECT OF GEOMETRICAL AND TOPOLOGICAL CHANGES ON THE FLUID FLOW THROUGH LARGE-SCALE DISCRETE FRACTURE NETWORKS. Journal of Porous Media 25(12): 17-41. http://dx.doi.org/10.1615/JPorMedia.2022040127.