1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Aghajannezhad P., Sellier M. and Becker S. (2021) Patching Hele-Shaw Cells to Investigate the Flow at Low Reynolds Number in Fracture Networks. Transport in Porous Media 136(1): 147-163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11242-020-01505-x.
- Ande R., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2021) Fluid dynamics investigation of a large array. Physics of Fluids 33(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/5.0056363.
- Le Bideau D., Mandin P., Benbouzid M., Kim M. and Sellier M. (2021) Corrigendum to “Review of necessary thermophysical properties and their sensitivities with temperature and electrolyte mass fraction for alkaline water electrolysis multiphysics modelling” (International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (2019) 44(10) (4553–4569), (S0360319919300175), (10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.12.222)). International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 46(42): 22244-22245. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.04.137.
- Manickavasagam AK., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2021) Hydrodynamic loading profiles of viscously-interacting blocks subject to different stimulus locations. Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand (TNZR) http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03036758.2020.1857802.
- Mohebbi F., Evans B. and Sellier M. (2021) On an exact step length in gradient-based aerodynamic shape optimization-part II: Viscous flows. Fluids 6(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/fluids6030106.