1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Ande R., Gutschmidt S. and Sellier M. (2023) Fluid dynamics investigation of large array of beams oscillating close to a rigid surface. Journal of Fluids and Structures 117 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfluidstructs.2023.103834.
- Duruk S., Shepherd RG., Boujo E. and Sellier M. (2023) Three-dimensional nonlinear dynamics of a thin liquid film on a spinning ellipsoid. Physics of Fluids 35(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/5.0151169.
- Moyers-Gonzalez M., Hewett JN., Cusack DR., Kennedy BM. and Sellier M. (2023) Non-isothermal thin-film flow of a viscoplastic material over topography: critical Bingham number for a partial slump. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics 37(2): 151-172. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00162-023-00642-5.
- Oo NL., Zhao D., Sellier M. and Liu X. (2023) Experimental investigation on turbulence effects on unsteady aerodynamics performances of two horizontally placed small-size UAV rotors. Aerospace Science and Technology 141 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2023.108535.
- Struyven F., Sellier M. and Mandin P. (2023) Review: Interactions between electrogenerated bubbles and microfluidic phenomena. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2023.04.333.