1/ Primary research interests
- Fundamental research in theoretical/computational fluid mechanics: my research interests span a wide range but typically revolve around interfacial fluid mechanics at small scales with applications in microfluidics, for example, or at much larger scales such as geophysical flows. Another speciality of mine relates to inverse problems such as the identification of rheological laws or the optimization of slider bearings.
- Modelling of material forming processes
2/ Secondary research interests
- Modelling geothermal systems
- Combustion in lime kilns
- Aerodynamics of VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) aircraft
- Modelling blood capillary networks
- Al-Behadili AJM., Sellier M., Hewett J., Nokes R. and Moyers-Gonzalez M. (2019) Identification of Ellis rheological law from free surface velocity. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics 263: 15-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnnfm.2018.10.010.
- AL-Behadili AJM., Sellier M., Nokes R., Moyers-Gonzalez M. and Geoghegan PH. (2019) Rheometry based on free surface velocity. Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering 27(5): 689-709. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17415977.2018.1509965.
- Le Bideau D., Mandin P., Benbouzid M., Kim M. and Sellier M. (2019) Review of necessary thermophysical properties and their sensivities with temperature and electrolyte mass fractions for alkaline water electrolysis multiphysics modelling. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 44(10): 4553-4569. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2018.12.222.
- Mohebbi F., Evans B., Shaw A. and Sellier M. (2019) An inverse analysis for determination of space-dependent heat flux in heat conduction problems in the presence of variable thermal conductivity. International Journal of Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15502287.2019.1615579.
- Rashidian H., Sellier M. and Mandin P. (2019) Dynamic wetting of an occlusion after droplet impact. International Journal of Multiphase Flow : 264-271. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2018.12.002.