You only understand something when you can model it and you only trust a model that has predicted something not yet seen empirically.
My primary research focus is on biological engineering. That is understanding and mathematical modeling of basic biological processes to better engineer the organism's metabolism to improve the production of valuable biologics, to identify biomarkers that can be used to better diagnose pathologies, to understand the biochemistry of how cells make molecular-level decisions and adapt to changes in their environment.
- Schneider L., Sokkalingam N., Herold D. and Yang J. (2018) Statistical Identification and Quantitative Deconvolution of Hemoglobin Beta Chain Isotypes Unresolved by LC/MS by Isotopic Vector Angle Analysis (IVA). Palm Springs, CA, USA: Mass Spectrom. Am. Clinical Lab. Conference, 21 Jan 2018.
- Peterson J., Sokkalingam N., Wright W., Schneider L. and Tenderhold A. (2017) PeakInvestigator® Maximizes Discovery of Robust Metabolite Features in Complex Sample Analysis with Dynamic Thresholding & Precision Centroiding. [Poster to advertise a product and its capabilities; 65th Annual Am. Soc. Mass Spec.; Indianapolis, USA].
- Schneider L. (2017) Isotopic Vector Analysis in Mass Spectrometry_v2. In Isotopic Vector Analysis in Mass Spectroscopy_v2, Veritomyx, Inc.. Commissioned by Veritomyx, Inc.. 31.
- Schneider L. (2017) Isotopic Vector Analysis in Mass Spectroscopy. In Isotopic Vector Analysis in Mass Spectroscopy, Veritomyx, Inc.. Commissioned by Veritomyx, Inc.. 1-29. http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.31392.69120.
- Schneider L., Sokkalingam N. and Tenderholt A. (2017) Centroiding with Statistical Confidence: Mass and Abundance Error Bars from PeakInvestigator™ 2.0. [Poster to advertise a product and its capabilities; MSACL 2017 US; Palm Springs, USA].