My research is focussed on applying geospatial data, tools, and techniques to solving applied problems. I focus primarily on forested landscapes (both native and plantation), though I have a specific interest in urban forests. I work extensively with LiDAR, aerial photography and satellite imagery datasets, within the e-Cognition (object-based image analysis), ArcGIS, and Fusion environments.
- Benson A., Koeser A. and Morgenroth JA. (2018) Estimating conductive sapwood area in diffuse and ring porous trees with electronic resistance tomography. Tree Physiology 38(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/treephys/tpy092.
- Benson AR., Koeser AK. and Morgenroth JA. (2018) A test of tree protection zones: Responses of Quercus virginiana Mill trees to root severance treatments. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2018.10.015.
- Guo T., Morgenroth J. and Conway T. (2018) Redeveloping the urban forest: the effect of redevelopment and property-scale variables on tree removal and retention. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2018.08.012.
- Millen P., van Ballekom S., Altaner C., Apiolaza L., Mason E., McConnochie R., Morgenroth JA. and Murray T. (2018) Durable eucalypt forests – a multi-regional opportunity for investment in New Zealand drylands. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 63(1): 11-23.
- Phiri D., Morgenroth JA., Xu C. and Hermosilla T. (2018) Effects of pre-processing methods on Landsat OLI-8 land cover classification using OBIA and random forests classifier. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 73: 170-178. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2018.06.014.