My research is focussed on applying geospatial data, tools, and techniques to solving applied problems. I focus primarily on forested landscapes (both native and plantation), though I have a specific interest in urban forests. I work extensively with LiDAR, aerial photography and satellite imagery datasets, within the e-Cognition (object-based image analysis), ArcGIS, and Fusion environments.
- Benson AR. and Morgenroth J. (2019) Root pruning negatively affects tree value: A comparison of tree appraisal methods. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 43 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2019.126376.
- Benson AR., Koeser AK. and Morgenroth J. (2019) Responses of mature roadside trees to root severance treatments. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening 46 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2019.126448.
- Benson AR., Koeser AK. and Morgenroth JA. (2019) A test of tree protection zones: Responses of Quercus virginiana Mill trees to root severance treatments. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 38: 54-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2018.10.015.
- Benson AR., Morgenroth JA. and Koeser AK. (2019) The effects of root pruning on growth and physiology of two Acer species in New Zealand. Urban Forestry & Urban Greening 38: 64-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2018.11.006.
- Dash JP., Watt MS., Paul TSH., Morgenroth J. and Hartley R. (2019) Taking a closer look at invasive alien plant research: A review of the current state, opportunities, and future directions for UAVs. Methods in Ecology and Evolution http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.13296.