Internal Phone: 91810
My research focuses on the control and optimization of power networks. In particular, I am interested in the control, analysis, and optimization of microgrids and hybrid AC/DC networks. A considerable focus of my work has been on control design for power converters in these settings, aiming to stabilize the network while achieving various other control objectives. Other interests include: integration of new technology into distribution networks, hosting capacity of electrical networks, power quality, and computer modelling of electrical power systems.
- Laib K., Watson J., Ojo Y. and Lestas I. (2023) Decentralized stability conditions for DC microgrids: Beyond passivity approaches. Automatica 149 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2022.110705.
- Wang H., Watson JD. and Watson NR. (2023) A Lyapunov-based nonlinear direct power control for grid-side converters interfacing renewable energy in weak grids. Electric Power Systems Research 221 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2023.109408.
- Li M., Watson J. and Lestas I. (2022) Distributed Optimal Secondary Frequency Control in Power Networks with Delay Independent Stability. .
- Ojo Y., Watson J., Laib K. and Lestas I. (2022) A distributed scheme for voltage and frequency control and power sharing in inverter based microgrids. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.
- Laib K., Watson J., Ojo Y. and Lestas I. (2021) Decentralized Stability Conditions in DC Microgrids. In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control 2021-December: 5659-5664. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CDC45484.2021.9683386.