Qualifications & Memberships
I am an applied statistician with expertise in survey design, environmental monitoring, and analysis and detection of changes in populations over time. My interest is in using statistics to help address the environmental question.
I am currently involved in research programmes on:
• Detection and monitoring of invasive species (plant weed and pest species),
• Detection and monitoring of rare and endangered species,
• Development of adaptive sampling designs,
• Integration of GIS in environmental science, and
• Analysis and detection of trends in environmental-indicators.
I am happy to provide advice on designing long term monitoring programmes. Please contact me by email.
- Wickramarachchi DC., Robertson BL., Reale M., Price CJ. and Brown JA. (2019) A reflected feature space for CART. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics 61(3): 380-391. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/anzs.12275.
- Osinubi S., McGraw K., Ottosson U., Brown J., Briskie J. and Chapman H. (2018) Carotenoid-based plumage pigmentation and concentration as a function of sex and habitat type in the Yellow-breasted Boubou Laniarius atroflavus. Ostrich: Journal of African Ornithology 89(3): 259-264.
- Robertson BL., McDonald T., Price C. and Brown J. (2018) Halton iterative partitioning: spatially balanced sampling via partitioning. Environmental and Ecological Statistics 25(3): 305-323. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10651-018-0406-6.
- Abi N., Moradi M., Salehi M., Brown J., Al-Khayat JA. and Moltchanova E. (2017) Application of Balanced Acceptance Sampling to an Intertidal Survey. Journal of Landscape Ecology(Czech Republic) 10(1): 96-107. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/jlecol-2017-0012.
- Carah N., Meurk C., Males M. and Brown JA. (2017) Emerging social media “platform” approaches to alcohol marketing: a comparative analysis of the activity of the top 20 Australian alcohol brands on Facebook (2012-2014). Critical Public Health http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09581596.2017.1282154.