As a data scientist I explore and try to make sense what happens in complex, dynamical networks. I'm interested in ecological networks and the evolutionary processes that modify them in time; in particular I develop mathematical and statistical tools to study the relationship between ecological biodiversity and evolutionary diversity.
I'm also interested in Social Networks, especially online. I try to understand what makes them work in the way they work.
- Giovinazzo F., Avolio AW., Galiandro F., Vitale A., Riva GVD., Biancofiore G., Sharma S., Muiesan P., Agnes S. and Burra P. (2021) Solid organ transplantation during covid-19 pandemic: An international web-based survey on resources' allocation. Transplantation Direct 7(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/TXD.0000000000001115.
- Strydom T., Dalla Riva GV. and Poisot T. (2021) SVD Entropy Reveals the High Complexity of Ecological Networks. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution 9 http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2021.623141.
- Cirtwill AR., Dalla Riva GV., Baker NJ., Ohlsson M., Norström I., Wohlfarth IM., Thia JA. and Stouffer DB. (2020) Related plants tend to share pollinators and herbivores, but strength of phylogenetic signal varies among plant families. New Phytologist 226(3): 909-920. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/nph.16420.
- Cantalapiedra JL., Aze T., Cadotte MW., Dalla Riva GV., Huang D., Mazel F., Pennell MW., Ríos M. and Mooers A. (2019) Conserving evolutionary history does not result in greater diversity over geological time scales. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 286(1904) http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2018.2896.
- Delmas E., Besson M., Brice MH., Burkle LA., Dalla Riva GV., Fortin MJ., Gravel D., Guimarães PR., Hembry DH. and Newman EA. (2019) Analysing ecological networks of species interactions. Biological Reviews 94(1): 16-36. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/brv.12433.