Dynamic systems modelling and control applied to medicine and structures, with focus on intensive / acute care medicine and earthquake engineering
Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include:
- dynamic systems and control
- biomedical and physiological systems modelling
- intensive and critical care medicine
- system identification
- sensors and sensor design
- signal processing
- finite element methods
- smart structures and devices
- structural health monitoring (SHM)
- civil structural control (active, semi-active and passive)
- smart product design
- Chanchi Golondrino JC., MacRae GA., Chase JG., Rodgers GW., Scott ACN. and Clifton GC. (2019) Steel Building Friction Connection Seismic Performance – Corrosion Effects. Structures 19: 96-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2018.11.008.
- Ismail HM., Pretty CG., Signal MK., Amies AC., Haggers M. and Geoffrey Chase J. (2019) Laser doppler vibrometer validation of an optical flow motion tracking algorithm. Biomedical Signal Processing and Control 49: 322-327. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2018.12.017.
- Balmer J., Pretty C., Davidson S., Desaive T., Kamoi S., Pironet A., Morimont P., Janssen N., Lambermont B. and Shaw GM. (2018) Pre-ejection period, the reason why the electrocardiogram Q-wave is an unreliable indicator of pulse wave initialization.. Physiol Meas 39(9): 095005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1361-6579/aada72.
- Button BM., Holland AE., Sherburn MS., Chase J., Wilson JW. and Burge AT. (2018) Prevalence, impact and specialised treatment of urinary incontinence in women with chronic lung disease. Physiotherapy (United Kingdom) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physio.2018.07.006.
- Chanchi Golondrino J., MacRae G., Chase J., Rodgers GW., Abu A. and Clifton G. (2018) Asymmetrical Friction Connections Post-Heating Behaviour. Journal of Constructional Steel Research Accepted, In Press http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2018.07.018.