Research interests include: Dependable and Secure systems, Computer and Network Security and Privacy, Wireless Ad hoc and Sensor Networks, Virtualizated Data Center, Dependability and Security for Cloud computing and Critical Infrastructure (Smart Power Grid).
- Hong JB., Nhlabatsi A., Kim DS., Hussein A., Fetais N. and Khan KM. (2019) Systematic identification of threats in the cloud: A Survey. Computer Networks 150: 46-69. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2018.12.009.
- Enoch SY., Ge M., Hong JB., Alzaid H. and Kim DS. (2018) A systematic evaluation of cybersecurity metrics for dynamic networks. Computer Networks 144: 216-229. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2018.07.028.
- Ge M., Hong JB., Yusuf SE. and Kim DS. (2018) Proactive defense mechanisms for the software-defined Internet of Things with non-patchable vulnerabilities. Future Generation Computer Systems 78: 568-582. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.07.008.
- Hong JB., Enoch SY., Kim DS., Nhlabatsi A., Fetais N. and Khan KM. (2018) Dynamic security metrics for measuring the effectiveness of moving target defense techniques. Computers and Security 79: 33-52. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2018.08.003.
- El Mir I., Haqiq A. and Kim DS. (2017) Collaborative detection and filtering techniques against denial of service attacks in cloud computing. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 95(24): 6902-6914.