Industrial and management engineering
Qualifications & Memberships
I primarily research the application of engineering in industry and in professional practice. Much of this work is transdisciplinary and integrates across multiple fields. ManI have undertaken multiple projects that were embedded
Industrial engineering research: special purpose machine design, simulation of industrial plant (virtual plant), engineering safety, project management, systems engineering, lean, environmental impact, life cycle assessment
Manufacturing engineering research: injection molding, bobbin friction stir welding, 3D printing, clinical engineering
Engineering safety: risk assessment, human factors, occupational biomechanics, disaster analysis, chronic harm
Engineering professional practice: ethics, sociotechnical interactions, legal, pedagogy, graduate attributes
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Methoxyflurane toxicity: historical determination and lessons for modern patient and occupational exposure. The New Zealand medical journal 134(1534): 76-90.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Serum fluoride levels in ambulance staff after commencement of methoxyflurane administration compared to meta-analysis results for the general public.. Int J Occup Med Environ Health http://dx.doi.org/10.13075/ijomeh.1896.01704.
- Aust J. and Pons D. (2021) Methodology for evaluating risk of visual inspection tasks of aircraft engine blades. Aerospace 8(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/aerospace8040117.
- Aust J., Shankland S., Pons D., Mukundan R. and Mitrovic A. (2021) Automated defect detection and decision-support in gas turbine blade inspection. Aerospace 8(2): 1-27. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/aerospace8020030.
- Bagalkot A., Pons D., Symons D. and Clucas D. (2021) Analysis of raised feature failures on 3d printed injection moulds. Polymers 13(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/polym13101541.