Industrial engineering, and management engineering
Qualifications & Memberships
I primarily research in industrial engineering and engineering management (including professional practice). Much of this work is transdisciplinary and integrates across multiple fields. Some examples are the following.
Industrial engineering research: special purpose machine design, simulation of industrial plant (virtual plant), engineering health and safety, project management, systems engineering, lean, environmental impact, life cycle assessment.
Manufacturing engineering research: injection molding, bobbin friction stir welding, 3D printing, clinical engineering.
Engineering safety: risk assessment, human factors, occupational biomechanics, disaster analysis, chronic harm, bowtie.
Engineering professional practice: ethics, sociotechnical interactions, legal, pedagogy, graduate attributes, professional soft skills, team communication.
- Allison SJ., Docherty P., Pons D. and Chase G. (2021) Frequency and duration of ambulance officer exposure to nitrous oxide and methoxyflurane in New Zealand. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Methoxyflurane toxicity: historical determination and lessons for modern patient and occupational exposure. The New Zealand medical journal 134(1534): 76-90.
- Allison SJ., Docherty PD., Pons D. and Chase JG. (2021) Serum fluoride levels in ambulance staff after commencement of methoxyflurane administration compared to meta-analysis results for the general public.. Int J Occup Med Environ Health http://dx.doi.org/10.13075/ijomeh.1896.01704.
- Aust J. and Pons D. (2021) Methodology for evaluating risk of visual inspection tasks of aircraft engine blades. Aerospace 8(4) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/aerospace8040117.
- Aust J., Mitrovic A. and Pons D. (2021) Assessment of the effect of cleanliness on the visual inspection of aircraft engine blades: An eye tracking study. Sensors 21(18) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/s21186135.