Passionate engineering educator and researcher focused on problems of design in sports engineering, medical devices, process and structural mechanics.
My research concerns the appropriate application of engineering science to problems of mechanical design and system optimisation. I work in the fields of sports engineering, medical devices, process engineering and structural mechanics.
- Bagalkot A., Pons D., Symons D. and Clucas D. (2022) The Effects of Cooling and Shrinkage on the Life of Polymer 3D Printed Injection Moulds. Polymers 14(3) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/polym14030520.
- Erfani N., Symons D., Fee C. and Watson M. (2022) A Novel Method to Design Monolithic Catalysts for Non-Isothermal Packed-Bed Reactors Using Topology Optimisation. Chemical Engineering Science http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2022.118347.
- Erfani N., Symons D., Fee C. and Watson M. (2022) Topology optimisation using genetic algorithm and density-based method: A comparative case study. Chemical Engineering Science.
- Nourani SA., Pons DJ., Symons D. and Zhang S. (2022) Multiscale Analogue Modelling of Clinching Process to Investigate Thickness Tolerance and Tool Misalignment. Materials 15(10) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ma15103674.
- Nourani SA., Pons DJ., Tamadon A. and Symons D. (2021) Microstructural deformation in the clinching process. Journal of Advanced Joining Processes 3 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jajp.2021.100041.