Passionate engineering educator and researcher focused on problems of design in sports engineering, medical devices, process and structural mechanics.
My research concerns the appropriate application of engineering science to problems of mechanical design and system optimisation. I work in the fields of sports engineering, medical devices, process engineering and structural mechanics.
- Bagalkot A., Pons D., Clucas D. and Symons D. (2019) A methodology for setting the injection moulding process parameters for polymer rapid tooling inserts. Rapid Prototyping Journal 25(9): 1493-1505. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/RPJ-10-2017-0217.
- Bagalkot A., Pons D., Symons D. and Clucas D. (2019) Categorization of failures in polymer rapid tools used for injection molding. Processes 7(1) http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/pr7010017.
- Kopsch T., Murnane D. and Symons D. (2019) Development of an adaptive bypass element for passive entrainment flow control in dry powder inhalers. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science 233(15): 5201-5213. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0954406219845416.
- Kopsch T., Murnane D. and Symons D. (2019) Air Flow Entrainment of Lactose Powder: Simulation and Experiment. In Gutschmidt S; Hewett J; Sellier M (Ed.), IUTAM Symposium on Recent Advances in Moving Boundary Problems in Mechanics Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Moving Boundary Problems, Christchurch, New Zealand, February 12-15, 2018: 107-117. Switzerland: Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13720-5_10.
- Kopsch T., Murnane D. and Symons D.. (2019) Air flow entrainment of lactose powder: Simulation and experiment. In Gutschmidt S; Hewett J; Sellier M (Eds). IUTAM Bookseries 34: 107-117. Cham: Springer Verlag. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13720-5_10.