Developing medical devices, diagnostic sensors, sports equipment, and new biomaterials with the aim of improving people's lives
Qualifications & Memberships
My research revolves around medical devices, biomechanics, and diagnostic sensors for improving people's lives.
- Munro D. (2018) DIY Mems Fabricating Micro Electro Mechanical Systems in Open Use Labs. Createspace Independent Publishing Platform. 288.
- Munro D. and Gupta M. (2016) Correlation of Strain on Instrumentation to Simulated Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion in a Sheep Model. Phoenix, AZ: ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 11-17 Nov 2016. 3(Biomedical and Biotechnology Engineering) IMECE2016-65696, V003T04A008: 5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/IMECE2016-65696.
- Munro DS., Tsai EC., Lingley AR. and Khbeis MT. (2016) Development of a Microfabricated Sensor System to Measure Lumbar Spinal Fusion. Phoenix, AZ: ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 11-17 Nov 2016. 3(Biomedical and Biotechnology Engineering): 7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/IMECE2016-65703.
- Lulay K., Dillon H., Doughty TA., Munro DS. and Vijlee SZ. (2015) Implementation of a design spine for a mechanical engineering curriculum. In ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings 122nd ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition: Makin(122nd ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition: Makin).
- Munro D. (2013) Development of an automated manufacturing course with lab for undergraduates. In Proceedings - Frontiers in Education Conference, FIE: 496-501. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2013.6684873.