David Wall has an international reputation on biomathematics, inverse problems, and wave propagation. He has extensive research experience in the general area of applied mathematics and in particular in the specializations: biomathematics, mathematical modeling, dynamical systems, and mathematical wave theory. He is an associate Director of the Biomathematics Research Centre, is a member of the Bioengineering Research Centre both at the University of Canterbury, and is currently on the editorial board to two international journals. He has authored over seventy-three peer reviewed international publications and given many invited conference talks.
I am an active member of several international and national research collaborations, and have been involved in the organization of two international conferences. I have held several funded visiting research positions at international research institutes. Recognition of my research in the application of mathematics to biology is evidenced by my having been awarded the contestable visiting appointment in 2006 for the "150th Jubilee Professorship" at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg Sweden, for research in bioengineering. Subsequent to this, I was elected a Foreign Member of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences in Göteborg, Sweden. I have successfully mentored four postdoctoral fellows and have also supervised, or are currently supervising, 13 graduate students in my areas of expertise.
- Evans JJ., Wilkinson TM. and Wall DJN. (2013) A two-pathway mathematical model of the LH response to GnRH that predicts self-priming. International Journal of Endocrinology 2013 410348: 10pp. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/410348.
- Daukste L., Basse B., Baguley BC. and Wall DJN. (2012) Mathematical Determination of Cell Population Doubling Times for Multiple Cell Lines. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 74(10): 2510-2534. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11538-012-9764-7.
- Olsson P. and Wall DJN. (2011) Partial elastodynamic cloaking by means of fiber-reinforced composities. Inverse Problems 27(4): 45010. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0266-5611/27/4/045010.
- Shaikh M., Wall DJN. and David T. (2011) Macro-scale phenomena of arterial coupled cells: a Massively Parallel simulation. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 9(70): 972-987. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2011.0453.
- Wall DJN., Olsson P. and van Houten EEW. (2011) On an Inverse Problem from Magnetic Resonance Elastic Imaging. SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics 71(5): 1578-1605. http://dx.doi.org/10.1137/110832082.