Looking for high calibred PhD candidates & visiting scholars are welcome.
My research interests include applying theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches to study combustion instability, thermoacoustics, fabric drying, energy conversion, heat and mass transfer, fluid-structure interaction, aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, propulsion and energy harvesting .
Currently, I am the CHIEF EDITOR of International Journal of Aerospace Engineering (IF. 1.1), an Associate Editor of AIAA Journal, Journal of Thermal Science, Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand, the journal of Aerospace Science and Technology (JCR, Q1, IF 2.8). An editorial board member of Progress in Aerospace Sciences (IF 6.8). All journals are SCI-indexed. After graduated from Cambridge, I have published more than 120 archived papers as the first or corresponding author on the journals such as AIAA J., Applied Thermal Engineering, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbine and Power, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Applied Energy, Energy, Energy Conversion and Management, Combustion and Flame, Applied Physics Letters, Combustion Science and Technology, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Journal of Sound and Vibration, and Journal of the Acoustical Society of America et al.
By now, I am Associate Fellow of AIAA and have successfully supervised 5 PhD students, 4 postdocs, 4 research associates, and accomplished a number of research projects sponsored by aviation and marine and energy industry, Singapore Ministry of Education/Defense and Singapore Prime Minister Office (NRF).
AIAA Constitution 3.2: ‘AIAA Associate Fellows are individuals of distinction who have made notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences, or technology of aeronautics or astronautics.
AIAA Bylaw 2.5:Each year, only 1 for every 150 voting members are selected.
- Zhao D. (2022) Thermoacoustic Combustion Instability Control: Engineering Applications and Computer Codes. .
- Zhao D. and Cai T. (2022) Temperature Dependence of Laminar Burning Velocity for Ammonia/Dimethyl Ether-Air Flames. In AIAA Paper.
- Alizadeh R., Abad JMN., Ameri A., Mohebbi MR., Mehdizadeh A., Zhao D. and Karimi N. (2021) A machine learning approach to the prediction of transport and thermodynamic processes in multiphysics systems - heat transfer in a hybrid nanofluid flow in porous media. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 124: 290-306. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtice.2021.03.043.
- Becker S., Kuznetsov A., Zhao D., deMonte F. and Pontrelli G. (2021) Modelling of Mass Transport Processes in Biological Media. Elsevier.
- Cai T., Sun Y. and Zhao D. (2021) Enhancing heat transfer performance analyses of a hydrogen-fueled meso-combustor with staggered bluff-bodies. Fuel Processing Technology 218 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2021.106867.