Looking for high calibred PhD candidates & visiting scholars are welcome.
My research interests include applying theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches to study combustion instability, thermoacoustics, fabric drying, energy conversion, heat and mass transfer, fluid-structure interaction, aeroacoustics, aerodynamics, propulsion and energy harvesting .
Currently, I am the CHIEF EDITOR of International Journal of Aerospace Engineering (IF. 1.1), an Associate Editor of AIAA Journal, Journal of Thermal Science, Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand, the journal of Aerospace Science and Technology (JCR, Q1, IF 2.8). An editorial board member of Progress in Aerospace Sciences (IF 6.8). All journals are SCI-indexed. After graduated from Cambridge, I have published more than 120 archived papers as the first or corresponding author on the journals such as AIAA J., Applied Thermal Engineering, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbine and Power, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Applied Energy, Energy, Energy Conversion and Management, Combustion and Flame, Applied Physics Letters, Combustion Science and Technology, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Journal of Sound and Vibration, and Journal of the Acoustical Society of America et al.
By now, I am Associate Fellow of AIAA and have successfully supervised 5 PhD students, 4 postdocs, 4 research associates, and accomplished a number of research projects sponsored by aviation and marine and energy industry, Singapore Ministry of Education/Defense and Singapore Prime Minister Office (NRF).
AIAA Constitution 3.2: ‘AIAA Associate Fellows are individuals of distinction who have made notable and valuable contributions to the arts, sciences, or technology of aeronautics or astronautics.
AIAA Bylaw 2.5:Each year, only 1 for every 150 voting members are selected.
- Cai T., Tang A., Zhao D., Zhou C. and Huang Q. (2019) Experimental observation and numerical study on flame structures, blowout limit and radiant efficiency of premixed methane/air in micro-scale planar combustors. Applied Thermal Engineering 158 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2019.113810.
- Chen S. and Zhao D. (2019) RANS investigation of the effect of pulsed fuel injection on scramjet HyShot II engine. Aerospace Science and Technology 84: 182-192. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2018.10.022.
- Chen X., Li J., Feng M., Zhao D., Shi B. and Wang N. (2019) Flame stability and combustion characteristics of liquid fuel in a meso-scale burner with porous media. Fuel 251: 249-259. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.04.011.
- Chen Y., Ayton LJ. and Zhao D. (2019) Modelling of Intrinsic Thermoacoustic Instability of Premixed Flame in Combustors with Changes in Cross Section. Combustion Science and Technology http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00102202.2019.1594799.
- Guan D., Zhao D., Li J., Chen Y. and Li J. (2019) Aeroacoustic damping performance studies on off-axial double-layer in-duct orifices at low Mach and Helmholtz number. Applied Acoustics 156: 46-55. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2019.06.018.