My research focuses primarily on seismic response analysis for geotechnical and structural systems and the computational tools necessary to perform such analyses. I am interested in the development and application of advanced numerical models towards understanding earthquake-related phenomena, such as liquefaction, how the built environment responds to earthquakes, and how best to design resilient infrastructure that meets performance expectations. On the computational side, my work includes the development and implementation of finite element formulations, constitutive models, and numerical solution techniques.
- McGann CR. (2020) Parametric Assessment of Equivalent Static Procedure Accounting for Foundation-Pinning Effects in Analysis of Piled Bridge Abutments Subject to Lateral Spreading. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 146(7) http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0002295.
- Meite R., Wotherspoon L., Kaklamanos J., McGann CR. and Hayden C. (2020) Sensitivity of 1-D ground motion predictions to analysis codes and material models using KiK-net vertical arrays. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 133 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2020.106113.
- Meite R., Wotherspoon L., McGann CR., Green RA. and Hayden C. (2020) An iterative linear procedure using frequency-dependent soil parameters for site response analyses. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 130 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105973.
- Foster KM., Bradley BA., McGann CR. and Wotherspoon LM. (2019) A V
S30map for New Zealand based on geologic and terrain proxy variables and field measurements. Earthquake Spectra 35(4): 1865-1897. http://dx.doi.org/10.1193/121118EQS281M.
- McGann CR., Bradley B. and Jeong S. (2018) Empirical correlation for estimating shear wave velocity form cone penetration test data for Banks Peninsula loess soils in Canterbury, New Zealand. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 144(9) 04018054: 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001926.