My research focuses primarily on seismic response analysis for geotechnical and structural systems and the computational tools necessary to perform such analyses. I am interested in the development and application of advanced numerical models towards understanding earthquake-related phenomena, such as liquefaction, how the built environment responds to earthquakes, and how best to design resilient infrastructure that meets performance expectations. On the computational side, my work includes the development and implementation of finite element formulations, constitutive models, and numerical solution techniques.
- Meite R., Wotherspoon L., McGann CR., Green RA. and Hayden C. (2020) An iterative linear procedure using frequency-dependent soil parameters for site response analyses. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 130 105973: 105973-105973. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2019.105973.
- Foster KM., Bradley BA., McGann CR. and Wotherspoon LM. (2019) A V
S30map for New Zealand based on geologic and terrain proxy variables and field measurements. Earthquake Spectra 35(4): 1865-1897. http://dx.doi.org/10.1193/121118EQS281M.
- McGann CR., Bradley B. and Jeong S. (2018) Empirical correlation for estimating shear wave velocity form cone penetration test data for Banks Peninsula loess soils in Canterbury, New Zealand. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering 144(9) 04018054: 11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001926.
- Lee R., Bradley BA. and McGann CR. (2017) 3D models for the interbedded Quaternary stratigraphy in the Canterbury, New Zealand region. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics : 320-340. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00288306.2017.1334671.
- McGann CR., Bradley BA. and Cubrinovski M. (2017) Development of a regional V-s30 model and typical Vs profiles for Christchurch, New Zealand from CPT data and region-specific CPT-V-s correlation. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering 95: 48-60. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2017.01.032.