Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include the development of methodology for the valuation of plantations, modelling of forest estates to incorporate wood and non-wood benefits and log and wood quality & linkage to products and markets.
- Manley B. (2019) Trends in discount rates used for forest valuation in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 49 http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs492019x48x.
- Manley B. (2018) Discount rates used for forest valuation - results of 2017 survey. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 63(2): 35-43.
- Manley B. and Evison D. (2018) An estimate of carbon stocks for harvested wood products from logs exported from New Zealand to China. Biomass and Bioenergy 113: 55-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.biombioe.2018.03.006.
- Xu C., Manley B. and Morgenroth JA. (2018) Evaluation of modelling approaches in predicting forest volume and stand age for small-scale plantation forests in New Zealand with RapidEye and LiDAR. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 73: 386-396. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2018.06.021.
- Manley B. (2017) Forecasting the effect of carbon price and log price on the afforestation rate in New Zealand. Journal of Forest Economics : 9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfe.2017.11.002.