Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include the development of methodology for the valuation of plantations, modelling of forest estates to incorporate wood and non-wood benefits and log and wood quality & linkage to products and markets.
- Manley B. (2020) Impact on profitability, risk, optimum rotation age and afforestation of changing the New Zealand emissions trading scheme to an averaging approach. Forest Policy and Economics 116 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2020.102205.
- Manley B., Morgenroth J. and Xu C. (2020) Quantifying the area of the small-scale owners’ forest estate in the East Coast, Hawke’s Bay and Southern North Island. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 64(4): 18-26.
- Manley B. (2019) Interim 2018 discount rate survey. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 64(2): 46-47.
- Manley B. (2019) Trends in discount rates used for forest valuation in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science 49 http://dx.doi.org/10.33494/nzjfs492019x48x.
- Xu C., Manley B. and Morgenroth J. (2019) Describing area and yield for small-scale plantation forests in Wairarapa region of New Zealand using RapidEye and LiDAR. .