Qualifications & Memberships
Research interests include the development of methodology for the valuation of plantations, modelling of forest estates to incorporate wood and non-wood benefits and log and wood quality & linkage to products and markets.
- Manley B. (2022) Trends in radiata pine tending regimes being applied by large-scale entities. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 67(1): 31-32.
- Manley B. and Manley B. (2022) Discount rates used for forest valuation - results of 2021 survey. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 67(2): 36-44.
- Manley B., Morgenroth J. and Xu C. (2021) Map of the small-scale forest estate of New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 66(1): 33-37.
- Manley B. (2020) Impact on profitability, risk, optimum rotation age and afforestation of changing the New Zealand emissions trading scheme to an averaging approach. Forest Policy and Economics 116 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2020.102205.
- Manley B., Morgenroth J. and Xu C. (2020) Quantifying the area of the small-scale owners’ forest estate in the East Coast, Hawke’s Bay and Southern North Island. New Zealand Journal of Forestry 64(4): 18-26.