My research interests cover a range of topics within empirical Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
For further information, please see https://www.csse.canterbury.ac.nz/andrew.cockburn/publs.shtml
- Mairena A., Gutwin C. and Cockburn A. (2022) Which emphasis technique to use? Perception of emphasis techniques with varying distractors, backgrounds, and visualization types. Information Visualization 21(2): 95-129. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/14738716211045354.
- Suwanaposee P., Gutwin C. and Cockburn A. (2022) The influence of audio effects and attention on the perceived duration of interaction. International Journal of Human Computer Studies 159 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhcs.2021.102756.
- Leung J. and Cockburn A. (2021) Design framework for interactive highlighting techniques. Foundations and Trends in Human-Computer Interaction 14(2-3): 96-271. http://dx.doi.org/10.1561/1100000084.
- Sekar S., Brown S., Cockburn A., Iyamperumal Anand P., Paul CP. and O’Neill W. (2021) Investigating the various properties of cold sprayed CuAlNi shape memory alloys developed by post annealing process. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 235(4): 663-672. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0954405420967867.
- Claypool M., Cockburn A. and Gutwin C. (2020) The Impact of Motion and Delay on Selecting Game Targets with a Mouse. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing Communications and Applications.