I am a lecturer in the School of Product Design, teaching Chemical Formulation Design.
I have a PhD in Chemistry (Biophysical Chemistry) from the University of Münster, Germany, supplemented by postdoctoral research experience in Germany and New Zealand.
My current research is listed in the following areas:
- Enzymes that produce biopolymers, their function and regulation.
- Bacterial communities involved in degradation of bioplastics
- Biocomposites and their perception
- Novel usage of 3D printing
- Sustainable product development
- Manu T., Nazmi AR., Shahri B., Emerson N. and Huber T. (2022) Biocomposites: A review of materials and perception. Materials Today Communications 31 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2022.103308.
- Bai Y., Lang EJM., Nazmi AR. and Parker EJ. (2019) Domain cross-talk within a bifunctional enzyme provides catalytic and allosteric functionality in the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids. Journal of Biological Chemistry 294(13): 4828-4842. http://dx.doi.org/10.1074/jbc.RA118.005220.
- Nazmi AR., Muthu M. and Lloyd-Jones G. (2019) Manipulating intradiol dioxygnenases by C-terminus truncation. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 125: 21-28. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enzmictec.2019.02.007.
- Mittelstädt G., Jiao W., Livingstone EK., Moggre GJ., Nazmi AR. and Parker EJ. (2018) A dimeric catalytic core relates the short and long forms of ATP-phosphoribosyltransferase. Biochemical Journal 475(1): 247-260. http://dx.doi.org/10.1042/BCJ20170762.
- Chehab T., Santos NC., Holthenrich A., Koerdt SN., Disse J., Schuberth C., Nazmi AR., Neeft M., Koch H. and Man KNM. (2017) A novel Munc13-4/S100A10/annexin A2 complex promotes Weibel-Palade body exocytosis in endothelial cells. Molecular Biology of the Cell 28(12): 1688-1700. http://dx.doi.org/10.1091/mbc.E17-02-0128.