I am a lecturer in the School of Product Design, teaching Chemical Formulation Design.
I have a PhD in Chemistry (Biophysical Chemistry) from the University of Münster, Germany, supplemented by postdoctoral research experience in Germany and New Zealand.
My research interests is different aspects of protein science.
- Manu T., Nazmi AR., Shahri B., Emerson N. and Huber T. (2022) Biocomposites: A review of materials and perception. Materials Today Communications 31 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2022.103308.
- Emerson N., Huber T. and Nazmi A. (2020) Effect of CNC machining on sensory properties of native and non-native timbers. Auckland, NZ: MADE 2020, 7-8 Dec 2020.
- Bai Y., Lang EJM., Nazmi AR. and Parker EJ. (2019) Domain cross-talk within a bifunctional enzyme provides catalytic and allosteric functionality in the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids. Journal of Biological Chemistry 294(13): 4828-4842. http://dx.doi.org/10.1074/jbc.RA118.005220.
- Nazmi AR., Muthu M. and Lloyd-Jones G. (2019) Manipulating intradiol dioxygnenases by C-terminus truncation. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 125: 21-28. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.enzmictec.2019.02.007.
- Mittelstädt G., Jiao W., Livingstone EK., Moggre GJ., Nazmi AR. and Parker EJ. (2018) A dimeric catalytic core relates the short and long forms of ATP-phosphoribosyltransferase. Biochemical Journal 475(1): 247-260. http://dx.doi.org/10.1042/BCJ20170762.